Proudly serving the pet owners and veterinarians of the New Orleans metropolitan area.
Below is a list of procedures and common conditions treated by Metairie Veterinary Ophthalmology Specialists.
Please call us if you have any questions about these or other services.
MVOS performs a wide variety of ocular surgical procedures:
· Cataract surgery with artificial lens replacement
· Diamond burr debridement for indolent corneal ulcers
· Corneal surgeries for deep corneal ulcers, sequestrums, or non-healing ulcers
· Cherry eye repair
· Eyelid surgeries to correct abnormal position of eyelids (entropion and ectropion)
· Cryotherapy for distichiasis (abnormal eyelid hairs) and eyelid tumors
· Treatment of ectopic cilia
· Prophylactic and therapeutic diode laser retinopexy
· Transscleral cyclophotocoagulation for glaucoma
· Enucleation (eye removal) for intraocular tumors, end stage glaucoma and globe rupture
· Evisceration and prosthesis
· Glaucoma shunt placement
· Parotid Duct Transposition
· Ocular ultrasonography
· OFA eye certification exams
Ophthalmic Conditions Treated
Below is a list of some of the more common ophthalmic conditions treated:
· Corneal ulcers
· Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (dry eye)
· Feline herpetic keratitis